GENERAL BASE WORK :
- Main Focus : Pushing & Pulling
- Second Focus : Front Squat
- Gymnastics Focus : HSPU
Looking at our strength maintenance sessions there is an emphasis on pulling from the ground, to compliment our upper body work and front squat sessions.
- OVERTIME Focus : = ENGIN WORK ie : Work effort & Sustainability Metcon’s . Nasal Breath controling AND Strength Maintenance.
- * For August we are going to start building our engine. There will be one longer monostructual piece that will have a nasal breathing focus.
- A little bit about nasal breathing.: The lungs actually extract oxygen from the air during exhalation, in addition to inhalation. Because the nostrils are smaller than the mouth, air exhaled through the nose creates a back flow of air (and oxygen) into the lungs. And because we exhale more slowly through the nose than we do though the mouth, the lungs have more time to extract oxygen from the air we’ve already taken in. When there is proper oxygen-carbon dioxide exchange during respiration, the blood will maintain a balanced pH. If carbon dioxide is lost too quickly, as in mouth breathing, oxygen absorption is decreased, which can result in slow recovery.
- There will also be one metcon interval piece focusing on developing your ability to sustain and repeat your effort. When you’re doing the interval work we want you to work at a hard pace that is repeatable for you. Do not crash and burn as that would mean we are deviation from the program.
- The engine will be the main focus, but we do have some heavy back squats to help maintain our strength as there are no back squats in the ‘Base’ program in August. There is also some overhead pressing and Olympic lifting under fatigue.